Moms, I know most of us want to keep our focus on Jesus at Christmas time. So, I have brought to you the best list of free Christmas resources for Christian families. This list has links to everything from advent calendars, devotionals, prayers, to crafts, songs, and activities. All of the resources are free to access or download and are geared for the entire family to focus on Christ this Christmas.
Make sure to bookmark or pin this page so you can refer to it throughout the Christmas season. Be sure to share with a friend. Also, if you find other resources that might help a Christian momma out this holiday, be sure to share it in the comments below.
The Ultimate List of Free Christmas Resources for Christian Families
The majority of these are for the entire family. I have tried to mention to if the activity would be better geared toward younger or older kids. My family has kids ranging in ages from 6-14 so I tried to think of things that my family can do together as I made the list.
Free Christmas Countdowns/Advent Calendars
Having a countdown to Christmas is not only fun and builds anticipation but is the perfect way to put Christ at the center of the reason for the season. These range from simple and short to elaborate and deep so pick what works for your family.
- Names of Jesus Advent Christmas Tree -Free Printable
- 25+ Christmas Bible Verse for Families
- Follow the Star to Bethlehem Christmas Activities Countdown
- Unwrapping the Gifts of Christmas- Free Printable Countdown
Free Christmas Devotionals for Families
A daily devotional focused on Christ’s birth is a perfect way to do family worship in December. Check out these offerings for free by some amazing writers.
- Free Christmas Reading Plan
- A Christmas for Us-Family Devotional with Activities and Journal Pages
- 7 Day Advent Prayer Devotional
- To Bethlehem and Beyond Advent Journal
Free Christmas Prayer Resources for Christian Families
Most people admit that their prayer life can always improve. Use this Christmas season and these free resources for Christian families to usher in a more prayer filled habit.
- Christmas Prayers and Blessings
- 25 Scriptures to Pray to Prepare Your Heart for Christmas
- Short Christmas Prayers for Children
- Write Your Own Family Christmas Prayer-Free Printable
- Christmas Prayer Printable Decor
Who doesn’t love some good Christmas music? I have found that they tend to play a ton of the newer stuff and old classics on the radio but not as many hymns or carols anymore. First on the list is my go to playlist from YouTube so my kids will learn the traditional Christian Christmas songs.
- Christmas Songs, Hymns, and Carols with Lyrics Playlist
- Christmas Handwashing Songs for Kids-Free Printables
- The Story Behind Christmas Carols
- Contemporary Christian Christmas Worship Playlist
Free Christmas Craft Resources for Christian Families
- Nativity Crafts and Nativity Food Ideas
- 25 Days of Christ-Centered Christmas Crafts
- Scripture Ornaments
- Drawing Tutorial-Baby Jesus
Fun Christmas Activities for Families
I know we all love decorating, baking, looking at lights, and all of the other once a year holiday activities. But, these add an element of worship to your regular Christmas fun. I hope you find a new tradition.
- Free Christmas Activities for Younger Children
- Follow the Start to Jesus Activity Countdown
- Nativity Treasure Hunt
- 10 Ways to Spread the Gospel as Family
- Throw a birthday party for Jesus
- Christmas Around the World
Also, check out this list of easy, frugal diy Christmas gift ideas that your family can make together.
Tips for adding Christ into Traditional Christmas Activities
If you feel overwhelmed by this list and just aren’t sure you have time to look or print or whatever else, have no fear, you can do a few simple things that focus on Jesus right in the middle of your already planned holiday activities.
- Add a Christmas tract or scripture into the Christmas cards you give to family, friends, and neighbors.
- Read the Christmas story before opening presents or anything else on Christmas morning.
- When you look at Christmas lights, talk about how Jesus in the light of the world.
- Turn on Christ-centered holiday music in the background when you bake or while in the car.
- Pray and be intentional about making a mental shift to keep Christmas simple and focused on Christ. Don’t put emphasis on gifts, busyness, decorations, or traditions. Remind yourself and your family often what you are celebrating.