I’m not sure about you but when the snow starts to melt, the sunshines more, and I hear the little birdies out signing; it really gets me excited about the spring season. Spring is a great time to focus on newness, light, and hope. These Spring Bible verses are perfect to prepare your mind and heart for the Easter season. Use them for yourself or your family to memorize, copy, or send to a friend.
30 Bible Verses for Spring
Because there are so many bible verses for spring, I separated them into categories for easy reference. I also designed a few images in between them. Please feel free to save them and share but please remember to give credit to my site. Thanks.
Bible Verses About Spring
These scriptures may not be ones that you would typically dwell on. However, they all have a common theme: They remind us that God designed the earth, all that is in it, and He is the one who gives us seasons and weather. It is He who provides for our needs.
- They do not say to themselves, ‘Let us fear the Lord our God, who gives autumn and spring rains in season, who assures us of the regular weeks of harvest.’ Jeremiah 5:24 NIV
- So if you faithfully obey the commands I am giving you today—to love the Lord your God and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul— then I will send rain on your land in its season, both autumn and spring rains, so that you may gather in your grain, new wine and olive oil. Deut. 11:13-14 NIV
- He changes times and seasons; he deposes kings and raises up others. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. Daniel 2:21 NIV
- Yet he has not left himself without testimony: He has shown kindness by giving you rain from heaven and crops in their seasons; he provides you with plenty of food and fills your hearts with joy. Acts. 14:17 NIV
Bible Verses About New Life
Spring is a time for new life. Plants and trees start budding again, animals babies are born, and we celebrate new life Christ with Easter.
- We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life. Romans 6:4 NIV
- He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6 NIV
- Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! 2 Corinthians 5:17 NIV
- You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness. Ephesians 4:22-24 NIV
Bible Verses for Easter
Easter is my favorite part of spring. God gave us new life in Jesus, a living hope, and brought His light to our lives. Praise God that Jesus shed His blood for our sin and conquered death so we could be reconciled to Him. I pray these scriptures encourage you.
- But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed. Isaiah 53:5
- He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. Matthew 28:6 NIV
- He is not here; he has risen! Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in Galilee: ‘The Son of Man must be delivered over to the hands of sinners, be crucified and on the third day be raised again.’ Luke 24:6-7 NIV
- Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Colossians 3:1 NIV
- For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas, and then to the Twelve. 1 Corinthians 15:3-5 NIV
- For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again. 2 Corinthians 5:14-15
- “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. I am the Living One. I was dead. But look! I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys to Death and Hell.” Revelation 1:17b-18 NIV
- Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years. Revelation 20:6 NIV
Bible Verses About Light
One of things we look forward to about spring in Canada is that we will see the sunshine. Many times, we can go weeks with cloudy, snowy skies which leads to a type of winter depression. But, when spring rolls in, we are ready to soak up the sun.
Jesus declared himself as the light in one of his famous I am statements. We see then that true light means the presence of God in our lives. Consider these verses.
- When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” John 8:12 NIV
- You, Lord, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light. Psalm 18:28 NIV
- The Lord is my light and my salvation— whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life— of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1 NIV
- For with you is the fountain of life; in your light we see light. Psalm 36:9 NIV
- Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, who walk in the light of your presence, Lord. Psalm 89:15 NIV
- This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed.But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God. John 3:19-21 NIV
- For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light. Ephesians 5:8 NIV
- Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. James 1:17 NIV
Bible Verses About Hope
Bible verses about spring would not be complete without putting in some about hope. We have hope because we serve a good and faithful God who does what He promises. Rest in these promises.
- May your unfailing love be with us, Lord, even as we put our hope in you. Psalm 33:22 NIV
- As for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more. Psalm 71:14 NIV
- May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13 NIV
- May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope. 2 Thessalonians 2:16 NIV
- Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. Hebrews 10:23 NIV
- Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. 1 Peter 2:3 NIV
The Hope of Spring
The Hope of spring is really the hope that we have all year long. Even if you find yourself in a dark season right now, because of hard times, depression, or failures, God’s promises remain the same. He still send Jesus to die for sinners. He still conquered sin and death. He is still alive. And, He still wants to have a relationship with you. He forgives the sins of those who humbly admit their wrong and chose Him over this world. Come to Him today and experience new life and a living hope!