This devotional is meant to start a discussion about proof of God as the Creator. It is recommended for Ages 8+
If your kids are in the sphere of public education, (or if they are in the sphere of any mainstream influence) they will more-than-likely be taught at some point that everything in existence happened by chance.
They may hear:
“The Solar System just exploded into existence.”
” Life on Earth randomly occurred, which led eventually, billions of years later to humans randomly ‘occuring (evolution)'”.
But did this really happen? Or is it simply just…a theory?
As J. Warner Wallace, Christian author of “Cold-Case Christianity” states: “If the Earth were slightly more distant from – or closer to the sun – a stable water cycle would be impossible.”
This is one of the many reasons why it’s more logical to believe in a Designer than the universe occuring by chance.
If one looks through the lens of the Bible, he/she will see that God’s description of how the universe came to be makes SO much more sense than what the world tells us.
Remember, we must follow Jesus’ Words and not the world and we must teach our kids to do so as well. (1 John 2:15 says “Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them.”)
But why doesn’t the world want to believe this? The information is right in front of them, after all?
Think about it: For the most part, people of the world live how they want to live. They are their own “gods” per se. If people of the world acknowledge a Designer, then they acknowledge having to surrender to something or Someone.
Most (not all) would rather continue making their own choices than to surrender to a higher power, which is the biggest reason why the world refuses to face the truth that’s right in front of our eyes: There IS a Designer and that Designer is God Almighty.
This devotional was created to help you get started teaching your children a Biblical worldview and it starts with the first and most important concept, proof that there is one God who is the Creator, or designer of all creation.
Proof of a Creator Devotional
I encourage you to do this devotional and activity with your kids on “Proof of a Creator” below:
1. Read the following verses together: Genesis 1:31, Genesis 2:7.
-Genesis 1:31 says: God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning-the sixth day.
-Genesis 2:7 says: Then the LORD God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.
2. Question to ask your kids:
-Thinking about these vereses, does this sound like our world and everything in it was created, or that we evolved from nothing?
Give them some time to think and give their answer.
3. After they answer, explain to them that in order for something to be created, something or someone must created. Logically, something cannot come from nothing.
Therefore, the conclusion is that life cannot be created from nothing.
4. Activity: Designed or Randomly Came into Existence?
- Give your kids something to draw/paint on and paint/drawing materials (markers, paint, colored pencils, etc…)
- Tell them to think of their favorite insect, animal or flower. Them have them draw it. Give them sufficient time here (around 20-30 minutes) to go into detail with the drawing.
- When they’re finished. Tell them to walk out of the room. Take their drawing and lay it beside all the markers, paint, etc.
- Now, tell them, when they come back in to pretend they’ve never seen the drawing or materials before.
- Ask them, if you saw this drawing laying beside the materials, would you think the drawings just randomly “happened” without someone creating them?
6. The obvious answer will be no. Then explain to them that evolution teaches just that – that life spontaneously created itself. Explain that logically, that cannot happen. They will see how silly it is to think a drawing “drew” itself and how living things cannot “create” themselves.
Taking Responsibility to Teach Our Children Truth
I hope this activity is not only fun for you and your kids, but more than anything, brings light to the fact that we and everything in the universe must have been created. It all points to the proof of an amazing, Creator.
It’s up to you as parents to make sure you are teaching your kids the Truth (Deut. 6:7: And you shall teach them diligently to your children and speak of them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. ). It’s not a choice, it’s a command by God.
We can’t rely on the church to do it all. It’s our duty and as Christian parents, we’re giving that duty to the church and have been since the mid 20th century. This is not the church’s job. The church cannot do it all, and we as parents are disobeying God if we don’t diligently raise our children in Truth.
Fortunately, there are many more resources this day and age that can help you to be sure your children are learning the doctrines of the faith.
For more lessons that teach Truth of the Word and how to spot the Lies of the World, ,listen to my podcast of kids’ devotionals and teaching for parents on-the-go by going to https://anchor.fm/kristen-clabaugh
Also, access YouTube devotionals for kids by going to YouTube and searching for “Not of This World Kids.”
Guest Blogger Bio
Kristen C. is a mom who is passionate about unveiling worldly 𝙡𝙞𝙚𝙨 that kids are taught by our culture & replacing them with Biblical 𝙏𝙧𝙪𝙩𝙝. You can connect with her by following on IG or FB.